Friday, January 2, 2015

January Weigh-In

December Weight: 257 lbs
January Weight: 263 lbs
Monthly Loss: +6 lbs
Total Weight Lost: 32 lbs
Total Inches Lost: 24.5

Here's to the first weigh in of the new year! I am choosing to embrace this number without anger or judgement. I gained 6 pounds. I'm still in the game. I'm still me. I'm grateful that 6 wasn't 60. Life is too short to berate myself about a number. The bottom line is that I still feel amazing compared to where I was last January, and I'm celebrating that.

If you didn't see my post yesterday, I've decided to weigh in weekly on Instagram. If you want to follow me there, it is where I post the most about my journey. There is a link on the top right side of this page to take you there. I believe that it will definitely help me stay on track, and keep me more motivated to share my weekly ups and downs.

I will also be giving myself a goal to accomplish each month that will help my overall growth. I am so excited for this! I just know that there are so many things that I can do to better myself alongside my fitness goals. I want to look back on 2015 as rewarding, challenging, and enlightening!

For the month of January, I am going to challenge myself to truly listen to people around me, and give them the attention they deserve. Along with listening, I am going to refrain from using my phone/other media devices when I am in social situations. I have become very attached to my phone, and it is hard for me to not check it! Even when I am out on a date with my husband, or with friends and family, I find myself reaching for it. So, I've decided that this month I want to become more mindful and really focus on each individual I come in contact with. We all have so much to teach each other, and I don't want to miss out on a learning experience because I am checking my Facebook every five minutes.

If you want to work on this with me, please do! Let's spend a little more quality time with the ones we love this month without all of the distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment