Thursday, July 17, 2014

Weigh-in Friday + New Workouts

I feel that there is something monotonous about weighing in publicly every single week. Where I would love to shout my every little victory from the rooftops, something tells me that the reason why you are here is for more than my progress on the scale. Please don't take offense if you are reading this and thinking "I love to post my weight each week to show my progress." If you post your each week, that is awesome! I'm glad that you are moving forward and accomplishing your goal! Personally, I just want to make this blog about more than the numbers.

 I weighed a day early this week, so I will tell you that this morning I hopped on and saw a wonderful 268! I haven't weighed that in about 2 years. It felt amazing to see the progress, and that makes 27 pounds down for me total. I am loving life at the moment! My body is moving in ways that it hasn't been able to for over a year now...and boy does it feel good.

That all being said, from here on out I will post my current weight on the first Friday of every month. My goal is to hopefully hit around a 10 pound loss each month. I just joined a Challenge Group on WW (Weight Watchers) with a goal to lose 50 pounds by January 1st, 2015. I am hoping that all will go well and I will succeed! That would average out about a 2 pound loss each week, and I feel that it is doable.

I have incorporated a few new things into my daily routine I want to tell you about. First off, I purchased Leslie Sansone's Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan and I love it! It has 5 separate miles that you can choose from.  So you can do a combination of the miles and do up to 5 at one time to get a really thorough walk in, or if you are pressed for time, you can do one mile in about 15 minutes. Her style is aerobic walking so the miles aren't boring at all, and she has a very perky personality. She also includes 5 mini workouts that each target a specific part of your body. I have done it for 3 days now and I can already feel a difference. It is a great low/moderate workout for those of us who are new to exercise.

I also downloaded the RunKeeper App on my phone, and it is amazing! I love that it has multiple exercises to choose from, and it tracks your route and calories burned so specifically. Eli and I tried it tonight on a trail that we love and it was awesome to see exactly how far we walked. I seriously suggest downloading it if you walk/run/hike/bike/etc.

Well that is all for now, but I will be updating again this weekend with my list of "30 Before 30."
I am setting 30 fitness (and other) goals to accomplish before the big 3-0 next year!

Remember - we can do hard things!


No comments:

Post a Comment