Sunday, September 7, 2014

Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe

So, let's be honest.Some healthy recipes that are substitutes for the real deal aren't always appetizing. I have seen so many recipes that call for off the wall ingredients that I just can't imagine eating. However, there are those rare gems that creep out of the woodwork, and then I obsess about it until I make them. Riced cauliflower is one of those gems. I wanted to try it out first in a meal that would be full of flavor to see if I could tell the difference. I rummaged around on Pinterest, and found a recipe to adapt to my liking, and boy was I surprised! OH MY WORD. I took one bite and called my mom, exclaiming that I will never ever buy fried rice from a Chinese restaurant again, as long as I can make this amazingly flavorful and HEALTHY substitute.

This recipe is gluten free, and fits low carb, diabetic, paleo, and whole30 diets. Whatever you do this week, PLEASE go buy a head of cauliflower and make this awesome dish! You can add more protein to it and make it a complete meal, if you wish!


Cauliflower Fried Rice

- 1 Tbsp oil of your choice ( I used EVOO)
- 1 Tbsp garlic
- 1/4 c chopped onion
- 1 1/2 c cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- green onions for garnish (optional)

In your food processor, or on the largest wholes of a box grater, pulse the cauliflower until it becomes the size of rice.  In a medium sized pan, saute onions and garlic in oil until tender and aromatic. Add riced cauliflower and stir fry for about 4-5 minutes. Don't overcook. Add soy sauce and mix well.. Push cauliflower mixture to the side of the pan, and pour the egg in the empty space. Gently scramble the egg. When egg is done, incorporate it into the cauliflower. Mix well, garnish with a few green onions, and DIG IN!



No comments:

Post a Comment